Disruptive mixed reality system that allows surgeons to see the damaged bone tissues inside the patient
Voka can be used not only by trauma surgeons but also medical students
The system is used during the diagnosis procedure, treatment/surgery planning, and could be used during the surgeries as well.
MS Hololens App
- Training patient database with common bone fractures (images, X-rays, 3D)
- Operation mode called Simulator aims to practice the positioning of bones and other human organs within the mannequin/patient.
- Demonstration multi-mode. Regardless of location, medical students can see manipulations that are being carried out by the Professor using their HoloLens, PC, tablets or smartphones.
- A doctor has an opportunity to upload and work with his or her patients’ data (CT/DICOM/3D patient fractured bone models, X-ray images, images and surgical plates)
- Multi-user mode used within one room. It allows two or more surgeons located within one room to work with the same model in online mode. Surgeons see the model at the same time from the same position and point of space they are in. This mode is convenient to use in the patient ward when two doctors are examining the patient and discuss the treatment plan.
- Multi-user mode for surgeons located in different places. It allows two or more surgeons located in different places to work with the same model in online mode. The capabilities and interface of the system allow real-time discussion of the treatment plan. In this very case, surgeons are able to see what their colleagues are looking at - this makes it possible to discuss the same elements of a 3D bone model (i.e., make sure that they speak about the same elements of the bone).
- Possibility of system local integration into an IT infrastructure of a medical institutions.
Areas of the Project Research and Development
3D reconstruction of the patient bone on the basis of a few X-ray images and
the database of benchmark human bone models relevant to a corresponding gender or
age group. The implementation of this technology may be efficient when working
with easy bone fractures (when there’s no need for a CT scan), or when there’s
no possibility to do CT (that concerns developing countries).
The implementation of the body parts detection method and accurate automotive models positioning of fractured bones within the patient without a doctor. This method is being developed as a replacement of the existing gesture and voice interface management of 3D objects in space.
Accumulation of evidence-based data of use of the system in medical practice. The improvement of algorithm performance of the system to the very level when the system can become a part in the built-in software of a robot surgeon.
Innowise Group is a full-service software development company based in Belarus. For more than 10 years we render services of custom software development for clients in the USA, Canada, Europe, Russia, and the Central Asia. We are working to deliver software solutions and consulting services to businesses worldwide, and help our clients to create innovative and technological products in various areas. Innowise Group team is divided into several departments and structural units responsible for certain areas of company’s activities. Seamless collaboration between all of them on a daily basis helps us achieve short term objectives and strategic goals. We focus on making our clients’ businesses more efficient through the following timely innovations: business process automation, system integration, development of specialized databases, reengineering of existing IT systems, providing SaaS – Software as a Service.